Monday, April 6, 2009

Green on the inside

I'm sickly today, so I've spent a good deal of time browsing some of my favorite go-green-0r-go-home sites, diy sites and other places that have just the faintest hint of patchouli. I've never been a hippie or a hipster...but something more down the middle, with a touch of damn-it-all thrown in there for good measure. I care about people, the environment and my responsibility to the aforementioned. It can be exhausting thinking about all the things I should be doing. I know the appropriate approach is to do a little at a time, and I do. But, I've been slowly making my way down Granola Way and I'm very close to turning in my Ziploc bags and salon died tresses for hemp bags and henna.

In my efforts to be healthy inside and out, as well as be conscious of my footprint it seems like the timing is right. I don't know if I'm going to run out and make myself some shampoo...but maybe I'll start using a shampoo bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment