Saturday, November 7, 2009

Settlers

So, now I'm somewhat settled into my new digs. I'm still plagued with some skin condition that the doctors can't quite figure out. But, otherwise my health has been improving. I've lost 20+ pounds, have been eating lots more fruit and veggies and have been moving towards a diet that is organic and obstaining from beef. I don't know if I'll ever been flesh free...bacon is just something I'm not ready to part with! But, I did try some Morning Star fake sausage and it wasn't that bad at all!

Now that I don't have roommates or family members living with us, we have decided to downsize and are planning to move from our two bedroom apt. to a one bedroom. I'm looking forward to not sharing space. I loved my roommates and brothers/nephew living with us, but after some soul searching, I've come to realize that I have been putting my life on hold for the sake of others. I'm 35 - I can't put me off any longer. And, damn, does it feel good!

The last few years of my life have been difficult, but wonderful. I've found myself again and I'm feeling like I'm improving every year. Therapy, a little Prozac and time have made me feel like me again. I'm getting to the point where I feel like I can take the reins again. I'm going to wean myself off of meds and take care of myself more naturally. I really believe the body has an innate ability to heal itself. It is time to take the next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment