Monday, February 16, 2009

This is me being lazy honest

I am working towards not making sweeping, grandiose statements such as I will get up and work out every morning at 5am before eating steel cut oatmeal and meditating for 30 minutes. Yeah...that has yet to happen. Ever. Small goal setting is supposedly attainable, but never feels fast enough for my hurry-up and be brilliant idealism. Of course, I end up doing very little of my original ginormous planning, so I'm going nowhere fast.

I always say I dislike the gym very much. But, really, I think I just dislike the habit of getting up in the morning to go work out. No matter how much I romanticize the idea of being a morning person I think I should just face up to the fact that it is not going to happen. Working out needs to be an evening affair for me. It needs to be scheduled, preferably with other people to make me less culpable, and it needs to be full of fist-pumping, OMG-THIS-IS-MY-JAM play lists on the iPod. And, yeah, I'm not going 7 days a week. I'll shoot for going more days than I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment