Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Update

On the Green Front:
  • I'm stopping water delivery from Arrowhead Water and going to this Pur Water Filtration/Dispenser that uses safer plastic (although, ugh...it seems so hard to get away from plastic entirely!)
  • I've been reading a lot about scratch cooking and homemade cleaning products and I'm getting ready to dive in sometime this month
  • I've joined the local Freecyclers in my area, which is how I acquired the Pur water system I'm going to be using. Free and recycled - very cool!
  • I've been using and have fallen in love with Lush's Karma Komba shampoo bar. No plastic bottle, smells lovely (and not too hippie at all) and seems like it's going to last me at least 3-4 months. Eventually, I may go SLS free, but for now, this stuff is great!
I have read much recently about people who have gone what is called the no-poo method, but I have to say, I'm not quite there yet. In the process of educating myself I've come to realize that there is so much to learn and so many resources out there, but I haven't yet found The One Resource To Rule Them All. So, I'm slowly gathering up information and figuring out where I stand and what I believe will be the best way for me to live green.

On the photography front:

I've been spending so much time reading about eco-friendly living and doing homework for a QuickBooks class I'm taking online that I have let my photography reading fall to the wayside a bit. I feel pulled in a million different directions when it comes to what I want to read and study. I am determined to finish up my BA in the next two semesters which means I must resist the urge to take classes that will not help me do that (like photography, Spanish, QuickBooks, etc.)

On the health front:

Last week I was hit with a 3+ day stomach bug that was the worst I can remember having in a long, long time. Of course, I promptly infected my husband. We're both feeling better and looking forward to getting back to the gym once were all healthy and a little more chipper around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment