Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yah, I'm getting a little more crunchy every day...


I have been going all kinds of green lately! Today my husband and I made (with all natural/organic ingredients):
  • Laundry soap (lavender scented)
  • Dish soap (peppermint scented)
  • Dishwasher soap
  • All-purpose cleaner (peppermint scented)
While there was a small cost associated with purchasing the things we needed to make the stuff, our overall costs will go WAY DOWN over time - not to mention being better for our health and the environment.

I'm swimming around in a gazillion websites, books and forums trying to educate myself on the best practices for the things I want to do, but yeah, it can be a little confusing. I'll be working on a way to make all this information make sense on a whole-house level soon. Making my own supplies and at the same time trying to live with less plastic consumption and minimizing BPA consumption may turn out to be a challenge, at least in the beginning.

I am loving that my husband is so on-board with going green and getting healthy. We had a great time making these things and then putting them to the test (yes, they work!). Tomorrow, I make my first foray (after an unfortunate attempt in my younger years) into baking bread. We're also going to research setting up a clothesline.

No comments:

Post a Comment